Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Last Farmer's Market of the Year

It was the perfect day for "Music in the Park". We played the last Farmer's Market of the season, at least it's the last one for US. The weather was just right. Steve had to work, so it was just the 3 of us (me, Michael and John), for the most part. Steve joined us at the very end. Here is a real treat! Dennis and Mary came to hear us play. We met this couple at the Schoolhouse Jams last year and we just LOVE them!! They came to our Hippie New Year Party and even helped us with tickets. And, they have helped us many other times! They are truly a part of our band "Family". It really made our day to have them there.
And, they brought Dennis' brother. I'm almost sure he told me his name is Thunder. Now, get this....they met for the first time EVER....YESTERDAY!! Is that incredible or what? They are both adopted and they got in contact on.... wait for it......FACEBOOK! I love stories like that.
This is how John says Hi. John signs his emails with "hugs" and in person it's REAL hugs. Dennis and Mary with Dennis' brother and his family visiting from Chicago, with John. I love to watch Dennis and Mary dance:




Dennis graciously took some pictures for me. I love the picture above. As we were performing, I had such a feeling of peace and happiness. Behind me was the idyllic scene above with small children playing soccer and moms watching. In front of me was the Farmer's Market and all the wonderful people there. When we finish a song we could hear clapping way off in the distance as the FM people showed us appreciation. And, of course we all came home with fresh VEG!! The Farmer's Market has a special place in my heart as it is the place where I first started performing with John a year ago. It was a special time and I will always remember it fondly. I wrote about it here.
We try out our new songs here and I also get to play more bass. It's a great place to practice a little.

And, to top off a perfect day, a fellow musician, Scott Berrian dropped by and listened to a few songs. Scott is a terrific guitar player, song writer and singer with his own band Sin Nombre. They just released an album. I wonder if he came by because of my LIVE Facebook post? Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment